1. Why Is the Market for Private Long-Term Care Insurance so Small?
Jeffrey Brown, University of Illinois
Amy Finkelstein, Harvard University and NBER
2. The Effect of Automobile Insurance and Accident Liability Laws on Traffic Fatalities
Alma Cohen, NBER
Rajeev Dehejia, Columbia University and NBER
3. Equilibrium Portfolios with Heterogeneous Consumption Externalities
Christian Gollier, University of Toulouse
4. Deterring Fraud: The Role of General Damage Awards in Automobile Insurance Settlements
David Loughran, RAND
5. Punitive Damage Effects on Post-Loss Bargaining and Settlement
Neil Doherty, University of Pennsylvania
David Eckles, University of Pennsylvania
6. Optimal Auditing for Insurance Fraud
Georges Dionne, HEC-Montreal
Florence Giuliano, University Paris X-Nanterre
Pierre Picard, University Paris X-Nanterre
7. Insurance Self-Protection and the Economics of Terrorism
Darius Lakdawalla, RAND and NBER
George Zanjani, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
8. Legal Systems and Deterrence (supplement)
Michael Smith, Ohio State University
9. Asymmetric Information, Transaction Cost, and Externalities in Competitive Insurance Markets
Wenjiu Liu, University of Notre Dame
Mark J. Browne, University of Wisconsin
10. Internal versus External Capital Markets in the Insurance
Industry: The Role of Reinsurance
Lawrence Powell, University of Arkansas
David Sommer, University of Georgia
Instructions for article submissions to the PRTS are provided here.
The papers listed on this page are formatted in the Adobe Acrobat format and cannot be viewed or printed until the user has downloaded and installed a free program called Acrobat Reader.
Click here to begin downloading and installing Acrobat Reader.