ARIA listserv announcements #45 - week of October 17, 2011
Greetings ARIA members:
Today’s listserv contains the following:
- Convergence, Interconnectedness, and Crises: Insurance and Banking Conference, December 8-10, 2011 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Program and Agenda University of St. Gallen Institute of Insurance Economics seeks Research Assistants
- ARIA Teaching Resources webpage – new presentations posted
Convergence, Interconnectedness, and Crises: Insurance & Banking Conference
The Convergence, Interconnectedness, and Crises: Insurance and Banking Conference is scheduled for December 8-10, 2011 in Philadelphia, PA. Here is the link for the conference program and agenda.
University of St. Gallen
The Institute of Insurance Economics of the University of St. Gallen is accepting applications for Research Assistants. Please see the attached document for additional information.
ARIA Teaching Resources webpage
The University of Hartford Barney School of Business is pleased to announce that three PowerPoint presentations on loss control engineering are now available on the teaching resources webpage. These three lectures on loss control engineering are the result of a grant funded by FM Global through the Spencer Educational Foundation to the University of Hartford. Selected content reproduced with permission of FM Global. The purpose of these lectures and the grant is to enhance the understanding of the value of loss control engineering by insurance and risk management professors. The three presentations were given to undergraduate students in three classes: “Corporate Risk Management,” “Principles of Insurance,” and “Property and Casualty Insurance,” respectively. ARIA members can locate the materials separately from the Teaching Resources’ three categories: “Risk Management,” “Economics,” and “Property/Liability Insurance.”
The teaching resources webpage contains a growing collection of teaching materials and resources created by ARIA members as well as various risk management and insurance organizations. You are invited to contribute material for this section. We are looking for syllabi, lecture materials, assignments, and/or short articles that can be used in classes.
The information will be available to current ARIA members only. Given the nature of the material, the webpage is password protected. Passwords for current members will be available from the executive office at aria@TheInstitutes.org
To contribute teaching materials, please email your materials to ARIATeaching@gmail.com. In your message, include the following information for each item:
1) Course / Topic
2) Type of material (Syllabus, Assignment, Lecture Notes, Background information etc.)
4) University / Organization
5) Brief description
6) Section(s) your materials should be categorized in
- Strickler Award Winners Actuarial Issues, Mathematics and Statistics Agency, Customer Service and Sales Economic (including financial, global, health care, insurance) Employee Benefits Financial Planning Insurance Law and Regulation International Issues Investment and Strategy Issues in Financial Services Life/ Health / Annuities (including products, insurance company operations, regulation, etc) Program Development (including fundraising, student organizations, internships, placement, etc) Property-Liability (including contracts and insurance company operations) Risk Management (including introductory courses, alternative risk transfer, catastrophes, ERM, modeling) Risk Theory Social Insurance (Social Security, Workers Compensation, and Unemployment) Other Government Insurance Programs Solvency, Regulation and Compliance Ethics, Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Other (suggestion appreciated)
If you have any questions about contributing material, please feel free to contact Kathleen McCullough at email@example.com