RMI Academic, Research, and Professional Positions
As a service to its members, ARIA provides a webpage to serve as a clearinghouse for job and career opportunities in the area of risk management and insurance at academic, research, and professional institutions around the world geared toward individuals holding a Ph.D. related to risk management, insurance, actuarial science, and economics/finance.
Guidelines for posting job announcements on the ARIA Website:
- All job postings must be submitted in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. Alternatively, links to job postings on employers' websites are also accepted.
- Please send your file or link via e-mail to Martin Halek at firstname.lastname@example.org. Files not prepared in either of these formats will be returned with a request to create a file with a correct format.
- Jobs without a substantial academic or research component will not be posted here. If you are unsure about the category please e-mail Martin Halek for further consideration.
Current academic and research positions*
- Wharton University- Two postdoctoral research positions(2/1/17)
- NCCI- Economist (1/19/17)
- NCCI- Senior Economist (1/19/17)
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)- W1 Junior Professorship for Digital Information Systems in the Insurance Industry (12-5-16)
- Nanyang Technological University- Faculty Position in Actuarial Science, Risk Management & Insurance (11/9/16)
- University of Missouri- Associate or full professor position as the Lockton Endowed Chair of Risk Management (11/3/16)
- UNSW Australia- Scientia PhD Scholarship available for the project Pricing of Commodity Derivatives using a New Kind of Stochastic Process (10/24/16)
- University of Oklahoma- Endowed Chair in Financial Risk Management (10/12/16)
- Appalachian State University- Freeman Distinguished Professor of Insurance (8/24/16)
- Swiss Re Economic Research & Consulting team- Senior Economist (8/18/16)
- Florida State University- Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Risk Management and Insurance (8/17/16)
- Saint Joseph’s University- Tenure-track position as the Brian Duperreault Endowed Chair(8/2/16)
- Missouri State University- Tenure-track Associate or Full Professor of Risk Management/Insurance(7/30/16)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln- Tenure-track position (assistant or associate professor) in actuarial science, risk management or insurance(7/26/16)
- University of Akron- Tenure track Assistant Professor(7/26/16)
- St. John's University- Tenure Track Assistant, Assocuateor Full Proffessor in Rish and Insurance (7/19/16)
- University of North Carolina- James J. Harris Chair/Scholar of Risk Management and Insurance (7/18/16)
- Southwestern University of Finance and Economics - Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor positions in risk management and insurance, actuarial science, and insurance finance and accounting (5/19/16)
Current Actuarial Science Positions*
- Laval University- Tenure-track or tenured faculty position in actuarial management of asset risk and financial mathematics (2/10/17)
- Robert Morris University- Assistant Professor in Actuarial Science and Mathematics (2/1/17)
- University of Waterloo- Three definite-term lecturer positions (12/15/16)
- Georgia State University- Tenure track or clinical appointments in actuarial science (12/8/16)
- University of Amsterdam- Tenure Track Assistant Professorship (10/24/16)
- University of New South Wales-PhD candidate in Actuarial Studies (10/18/16)
- University of Waterloo-Tenure-track or tenured positions in Actuarial Science (9/17/16)
- Drake University- Tenure-track or tenured appointment in Actuarial Science and Risk Management (9/17/16)
- Illinois State University- 9-month, tenure-track faculty position (8/18/16)
- University of St. Thomas- Two open rank tenure-track or tenure-eligible positions in Actuarial Science (8/8/16)
- Maryville University- Assistant Professor in Actuarial Science (5/13/16)
*Please email the webmaster if a position you had previously posted has already been filled and you would like it removed from the website. Otherwise, job postings are removed 3 months after the listed deadline for applications, or if a posting does not have an obvious deadline date, 9 months after its initial posting.